Wednesday 12 February 2014

Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies

Have you ever been in love at first sight? I do.

The first time I saw these lovely cookies from Cooking Classy's Blog I told myself that I'm gonna make them. It's so easy you can't make a mistake for this recipe, I made them for my workmates last Christmas because it's red, good for Christmas time and also Valentine's day.


Ingredients
3 cups plain flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
180 g. unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla paste
2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
5 tsp red food liquid coloring
1 cup white or milk chocolate chips

powdered sugar for roll cookie dough


Yield : about 25-30


Directions
Preheat oven to 175C

Mix dry ingredients together(flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt,granulated sugar), set aside.

In mixing bowl, with electric mixer with the paddle attachment on hight speed, mix butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy add in eggs one at a time then add lemon juice, vanilla paste, liquid food coloring, milk, mix well.
Reduce the mixer on low speed, slowly add dry ingredients and chocolate chips in, mix to combine, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put into the fridge for 1-2 hour.

In the large bowl, pour powdered sugar in then roll the cookie dough into ball shape then roll into the powdered bowl.

Transfer to parchment paper, bake for 8-15 mins depends on your oven, you will see the lovely crackle on the surface of cookies.


Transfer to cooling rank until they completely cool, store them in an airtight container.

So cute isn't it.

It's crisp at the outside and soft inside, after I leave them in the fridge and I had them in the next day, I found out that they're taste much better, more crisp and chewy inside. 
Hope you'll like them as I do.....Enjoy.

View my IG : PIMMO





No comments:

Post a Comment